Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I love my chair, but…


A few years ago, when we moved to these basement offices, one good thing happened. I got to choose my own chair from a swanky office furniture store. I selected a cushioned, comfy, wide one with a back that reached above my shoulders. I can stretch out in this chair. When my neck feels sore from sitting and typing all day, I can lean my head back and relax those tense muscles. I love my chair.

Today, however, Slate provided a sumptous review of other office chairs available. Seth Stevenson declared the high-tech Aeron chair passe´. Well thank goodness I didn't fall for that trend!

He heaped praise, however, on the Liberty. Wow, I thought, it is not only beautiful but looks like you could really get some work done from that perch! Liberty! Freedom from sore muscles and confined hips. Stevenson writes: I can't say enough about this chair. The child of design legend Niels Diffrient (who has worked with the studios of Eero Saarinen and Henry Dreyfus), the Liberty is as functional as it is elegant. This sit is the bomb."

The price is a mere $955.

Take my word for it. A good chair is a good investment, especially if you spend most of your day in a cubicle. Check out your best options on Slate.

1 comment:

daubmir said...

Congratulations!
You have been unanimously chosen as a Total Timewaster and will be terminated as soon as possible, in order to free webspace from useless trash.
Thank you for your collaboration in wasting everybody’s time!

Happy termination,
TT
[Timewasters Terminator]