Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wonderful thought

Our neighborhood association recently successfully completed a publication of the history of our area. So many people helped with research, editing, writing, and gathering of  images. We had a lot of fun working on the project. Members held editing sessions at their homes and served delicious sustenance to keep us going.

My task was some photography and completing the lay out. Once the publication was handed out to neighbors, my co-conspirators presented me with a framed version of the publication. They had all signed it with warm thoughts for my meager contribution.

I just have to say it is wonderful to live in a neighborhood of such warm, thoughtful, caring, and involved people.

We all care about and support each other. We watch out for each other. I feel privileged to live here and thank all my friends for their gift.

Just think about your own community—whether it be your cubicle neighbors, your school friends, or your neighbors. Take time to get to know the people around you. Work with them. Cooperate with them. You will be triply blessed by the effort you put forth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I have endured a recent position change at my place of employment. I have been asked to work with a few individuals who have a reputation. I'll leave it at that and let you assume that the (neg) reputation involves their work habits. I was so sad to make this change and was really down. Then I had a little talk with myself and I said "Self, you might be just the change that is needed here!" I have worked hard to daily put forth a positive attitude and be a team player. Mind you I'm not letting anyone steamroll me into do their work for them and I am holding them accountable! But we are getting along and we ARE working TOGETHER! I'm really proud of us. I know it won't be a bed of roses every day, but it is better because I decided it WOULD BE BETTER! Silly sounding I know, but maybe truth.

Laura McGowan said...

Not silly sounding at all dear one. You can be the change. Positive energy can work miracles.